Curcuma (Turmeric ) powder Bio
Turmeric (Curcuma longa) is a plant belonging to the family Zingiberaceae.
Known for its delicate taste and intense colour, it is also known for its beneficial properties. It is mainly used in cooking but also in Ayurvedic medicine.
- Protects the immune system
TIPS FOR USE
- Can be used as an ingredient in bakery products, beverages, ice cream, pasta and seasonings.
- For two portions use a teaspoon of turmeric powder.
- Add at the end of cooking and the ideal is to add a pinch of black pepper if you make a salty recipe. It helps to keep the properties of the turmeric. If it is a sweet recipe you can add a pinch of ginger. In fact, the black pepper, ginger and bromoline contained in the pineapple act as a fixer of the properties of Turmeric.
- Ideal for infusion. Pour 1/2 of Turmeric powder and add a cup of hot water. Leave in infusion for 5mn.