Organic dried combava peel from Madagascar. This carefully prepared product has been processed manually to ensure that only the skin of the combava is used. This is done to conserve the typical fine fragrance and taste. It is commonly used in the fine cuisine of the Indian ocean islands. A must for adding its special delicate lemony taste to all kinds of recipes including - to name just a few options - drinks, soups and condiments.
- Typical citrus fragrance
- Source of vitamin C
- Commonly used as a detox ingredient
- Combines well with all kinds of recipes
Tips for use
- For a hot drink: Put a 2cm piece of combava peel in a pan and add cold water. Bring to boil for 5 to 7 minutes, remove the peel and serve the drink. Optional, sweeten to taste.
- While preparing a sauce: add 2cm of combava peel and let it cook slowly with the sauce while mixing from time to time. When the sauce is thick remove the combava peel before serving.
- To add a delicate special flavor to a soup: add the combava peel to your other ingredients and let it cook with the soup for 10mn once it boils. Then remove it and continue cooking until the desired flavor is achieved.
- For a wonderful pleasant and tasty Combava liqueur: put 100g of combava peel in 1/2L of vodka and keep for 3 weeks in the darkness, shake from time to time. At the end of this period remove the combava from the bottle and add 1/2L of cane sugar syrup.