The red chili Pili grows in Madagascar. Once it is mature, it turns to red.
- It has a powerful aroma and is much spicier than the still young, green one.
- In addition to its classic use in the kitchen, it is also used for the production of spicy drinks and in spice mixtures for condiments.
TIPS FOR USE
- Pili chili can be used both raw and cooked.
- The most spicy part of the chili are the seeds inside. If you want to obtain a very high level of spicy taste it is advisable to cut it into pieces to mix it with the other ingredients otherwise use it in cooking still whole.
- To prepare a spicy oil put 1 tablespoon of whole hot pepper in 500ml of extra virgin olive oil. In a few days the oil will start to be spicy.